providing quality pediatric dentistry services
to clients in Bethlehem and nearby locations.
during early childhood will result in good
oral habits that will last into adulthood.
very young, or have a lot of dental needs.
We can offer sedation for these cases.
children of all ages. Read more about what
we do to ensure an easy appointment on-site.
If an emergency arises please contact our office as soon as possible. The earlier we receive your call, the earlier we can have your child seen. The office is closed on weekends and major holidays. However, we provide 24-hour coverage for emergencies.
f you have an emergency after our office closes, call (610) 694-0711 and the answering service will page Dr. Majumdar. If Dr. Majumdar is unable to respond to your page please use your best judgement and seek hospital treatment.
USE YOUR BEST JUDGEMENT AND SEEK HOSPITAL TREATMENT IF NECESSARY
Please note that the first 30 minutes after an accident are the most critical to treatment of dental trauma.
General Guidelines on How to Respond to Dental Emergencies
- Likely a baby tooth if no root is attached - do not replace in socket. Control bleeding.
- If unable to locate tooth, call dentist immediately
- Find all parts of the chipped tooth and remember to handle the tooth by the top, not the root.
- If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse it under running water, do not scrub or remove any tissue from the tooth.
- Do not clean or handle the tooth unnecessarily.
- Reinsert the tooth into the socket, if possible. Have the child keep the tooth stable with gentle finger pressure up or down, depending on top or bottom tooth lost.
- If the tooth cannot be reinserted, place it in a cup of milk for transport to the dentist.
- Locate any chipped pieces if able. No need to use milk for storage, just place in a plastic bag.
- Control any bleeding
- Have the child rinse the mouth with cool water
- Apply cold compress to injured site to reduce swelling and control any bleeding.
- Cover sharp portions with cotton balls or chewing gum. Use orthodontic wax if available.
- Do not remove any wires stuck in the gums, cheek, or tongue. Instead, leave the broken pieces to be fixed by an orthodontist or dentist.
Call to schedule an appointment
24 hour Emergency Service