providing quality pediatric dentistry services
to clients in Bethlehem and nearby locations.
during early childhood will result in good
oral habits that will last into adulthood.
very young, or have a lot of dental needs.
We can offer sedation for these cases.
children of all ages. Read more about what
we do to ensure an easy appointment on-site.
Lehigh Valley Pediatric Dentistry is a premier dental facility focused on caring for tots thru teens and those with special needs in a comfortable and caring atmosphere. We believe that a positive dental experience during early childhood will result in good oral habits that will last into adulthood.
WHAT WE DO
Call to schedule an appointment
24 hour Emergency Service
Dr. Amith K. Majumdar is a graduate of Lafayette College where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. Dr. Majumdar went on to earn a Doctorate of Medical Dentistry (D.M.D.) from Temple University School of Dentistry. Upon graduation from Temple, Dr. Majumdar continued his education at Temple and completed a one-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) program. While completing the AEGD program, Dr. Majumdar received specialized training in advanced dental technologies, special-needs patient care, and adult restorative dentistry.
Dr. Majumdar went on to complete a two-year Pediatric Dental Residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ). At UMDNJ, Dr. Majumdar received extensive training in pediatric dentistry, child development and behavior management.
Dr. Majumdar is a published author and belongs to a number of professional organizations including the American Dental Association, the Pennsylvania Dental Association, the Lehigh Valley Dental Society, and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Majumdar is also a faculty member at Lehigh Valley Hospital where he teaches pediatric dentistry to dental residents.
Dr. Majumdar currently lives in Bethlehem with his family.
- A. Kupietzky, A. K. Majumdar , Z. Shey, R. Binder, and P. Matheson. Colony Forming Unit Levels of Salivary Lactobacilli and Streptococcus mutans In Orthodontic Patients. The J of Clinical Pediatric Dent . 30:1, 2005.
- D. S. Tewari, H.A. Qazi, A. K. Majumdar, M. Tewari, S. Uematsu, P. J. Reddy, Z. Truman and O. C. Tuncay. Regulation matrix metallo proteinase-1 (MMP-1) gene expression by NF-KB. Abstract in the J Dent Res . 78:458, 2821, 1999.
- H.A. Qazi, M. Tewari, A. K. Majumdar, O. C. Tuncay and D. S. Tewari . TNF – α mediated programmed cell death ( Apoptosis) in human gingival fiberblasts. Abstract in the J Dent Res . 77: 181, 604, 1998.
- H.A. Qazi, M. Tewari, A. K. Majumdar, O. C. Tuncay and D. S. Tewari . Suppression of IL-1 induced NF-KB and AP-1 geneds by DGLA ( DIHOMO-GAMMA LINLENIC ACID). Abstract in Mol. Bio. Cell. 8: 284,1644, 1997.
- K. S. Wadwa, A. K. Majumdar, C. F. Ferris. S. H. Snyder, W. H. Kuo, G. J. Schwartz, P. J. Pasricha. Caloric feedback inhibition of gastric emptying does not require nitrinergic innervation. Abstract in Gastroenterology . 112: 4, 1997.
- C. F. Ferris, K. S. Wadwa, A. K. Majumdar, S. H. Snyder, W. H. Kuo, G. J. Schwartz, P. J. Pasricha. Targeted disruption of the neuronal NOS gene abolishes the inhibitory response to ganglionic stimulation in the mouse pylorus. Abstract in Gastroenterology, 112: A731, 1997.
- Majumdar, A. K . Allozyme analysis of genetic variation in cabbage butterfly Artogeia rapae . Abstract in the J Penn. Academy of Sci ., Supplemental Issue: 185, 1995 and the Proceedings of the National Conference on Undergraduate Research . 9: 382, 1995.
- Leveter, K. & A. K. Majumdar . Observational study of thecicada-killer wasp Specius speciosus. Proceedings of the National Conference on Undergraduate Research. 8: 933-937, 1994 and abstract in J Penn. Academy of Sci. 67: 185, 1994.
Why a pediatric dentist?
Pediatric dentists complete two or three years of additional specialized training (after the required four years of dental school), which includes study in child psychology, growth, and development. We are also trained and qualified to care for patients with medical, physical, and mental disabilities.
We strive to provide an engaging environment in which your child can develop a positive attitude toward dentistry and keep a happy smile. Our team focuses on “coaching” patients and their parents for a lifetime of good oral hygiene and dental health. All education and treatment is provided in a positive and fun environment.
Thank you for visiting our website!
I have nothing but good things to say. Toddler cries, but they are incredibly kind, patient, supportive. Easy scheduling, very professional, highly recommend!
Such nice staff - they make dentist appointments so easy for my toddler! He loves it!
Both my girls have gone to Lehigh Valley Pediatric Dentistry since they were old enough to need a dentist. We love this office!
Our experience is always excellent.
My daughter had a great experience here. The office is very modern, top notch equipment and very clean atmosphere. The staff was attentive and kind. Dr. Amith Majumdar & the hygienist was awesome, patient, and fully explained every question my husband & I had, They made my daughter feel so comfortable. Kudos to each & everyone. I highly recommend this place.